Using MFA with Fob
UW System Administration has selected Duo as our solution for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). In order to utilize multi-factor authentication, you will use a smartphone, tablet or fob.
How to Use the Fob
This document will walk you through the process of using Duo MFA with a fob.
- Log into your Office 365 account (web browser, Outlook client, SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
- After entering in your login credentials, you will be prompted for Duo authentication.
- Click the Enter a Passcode button.
- Press the green button your fob to generate a six-digit passcode.
- Enter the passcode into the dialog box and hit Enter key or click the Log In button.
- Check the Remember me for 14 hours box if you are logging into a browser. This will remember your login for the next 14 hours. Should you have to log into your account again on that browser, you will not be prompted to authenticate with Duo.
- Note: This option only applies to the browser. Desktop apps such as Outlook, Teams, Skype, and OneDrive fall under the weekly authentication rule.
You are now logged into your Office 365 account.