Using MFA with Tablet
UW System Administration has selected Duo as our solution for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). In order to utilize multi-factor authentication, you will use a smartphone, tablet or fob.
How to use the Duo app on your tablet
Once you have installed the Duo Mobile app on your tablet and enrolled in Duo MFA, follow the steps below to start using Duo.
Note: to use the ‘Send Me a Push’ option, the tablet must be connected to the internet or be on your phone service data plan.
- Login into your Office 365 application.
- Enter your login credentials.
- You will be prompted with Duo authentication.
- Select Send Me a Push or Enter a Passcode.
- Check the Remember me for 14 hours box if you are logging into a browser. This will remember your login for the next 14 hours. Should you have to log into your account again on that browser, you will not be prompted to authenticate with Duo.
Note: This option only applies to the browser. Apps such as Outlook, Teams, Skype, and OneDrive fall under the weekly authentication rule.
- On your tablet, tap the Login Request alert OR in the Duo mobile app tap the Request Waiting alert, then tap the green check mark to approve the request.
You are now logged into your Office 365 account.