OneDrive Sync Setup for Windows
The OneDrive for Business sync client provides an easy way for you to synchronize documents and folders stored in OneDrive for Business to your desktop. Employees will likely find this to be the easiest way to access documents stored in OneDrive for Business from their computer. The following steps will show you an easy way to set up the OneDrive for Business sync client on your Windows computer.
- Verify that OneDrive for Business is installed on your computer. You can find it under Start > OneDrive. Contact the IT HelpDesk to have it installed if it is not already on your computer.
- Log in to the Office 365 portal at https://www.office.com.
- Click on the OneDrive icon to open OneDrive.
- Click the Sync link on the top of the page.
- An External Protocol Request window may appear if you are using Google Chrome. It is asking permission to launch the OneDrive for Business sync client on your computer. Click Launch Application.
- Sign in using your organization (UWSA or UWSS) e-mail address and password.
- Click on Sync Now if prompted.
- A “OneDrive – UW System Administration” (UWSA) or “OneDrive – University of Wisconsin Shared Services” (UWSS) folder will be created under your Favorites in Windows Explorer. Any files you have already stored in OneDrive for Business will be copied to this location.
Your OneDrive for Business sync client is now set up. Any changes you make to items in this folder will automatically be synced back to OneDrive for Business in the cloud.