Legacy UW Colleges & UW-Extension – Self Service Password Portal Enrollment
This document shows how to use the UW Colleges and UW-Extension self service portal to manage your password.
The password is used for:
- Email and Office 365
- Other computer resources
Enrolling in the portal allows you to:
- Change your password at any time
- Recover your password
- Manage your password recovery options
- Access the above services from any computer or mobile device with internet access
- Using a web browser on your computer, go to: https://selfservice.uwex.uwc.edu.
- Log in using your network username and password.
- Set Challenge Questions.
- Enrollment – Challenge Answers: Click Continue to set up your recovery options or click Skip if you do not want to set up this option.
- Select three questions from the dropdown, and answer them in a way you will recall. *Answers will be encrypted. HelpDesk staff will NOT be able to read your answers.*
- You will see a message showing you have successfully completed the enrollment challenge answers. Click Continue logging in.
- Enrollment – Mobile Phone: By enrolling your mobile phone, you will be able to recover a lost or forgotten password with a text message. Enter your information, then click Continue. If you do not wish to add a mobile phone, or your provider is not listed, you can skip this step.
- You will receive a text message shortly after. Enter the one-time password received in the text message, then click Continue.
- You will see a message showing you have successfully completed the enrollment mobile phone. Click Continue logging in.
- Enrollment – Email Address: Email enrollment is a mandatory requirement. You can recover a lost or forgotten password by receiving an email sent to an inbox other than your UW-Extension or UW Colleges email account. Enter your information below, then click Continue.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you entered for email enrollment. You will be required to type the value into the ‘One Time Passcode.’ Click Continue.
- You will see a message showing you have successfully completed the enrollment email address. Click Continue logging in.
Congratulations! You are enrolled. You can come back to this site at any time to change your password or update your recovery options.
Need more help?
Contact the IT HelpDesk if you have any issues with the instructions.