Legacy UW Colleges & UW-Extension – Self Service Password Enrollment FAQ
This document goes over some frequently asked questions regarding the Self Service password enrollment.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often do I change my password?
- Passwords expire every 180 days.
2. How will I know when my password expires?
- There are several ways you’ll be notified.
- When you enroll in the self service password portal, you will receive a calendar reminder. You will need to accept the calendar event.
- You will begin to receive email reminders starting 10 days before your password expires.
- After enrolling you can log in to the Self Service Password Portal and see your password expiration date.
- If you log in to a campus computer a few days before your password expires, a notice on the log-in screen will indicate your password is going to expire soon.
3. Where do I go to change my password?
- You can change your password by going to https://selfservice.uwex.uwc.edu/. Provide your username and password to log in and click the Change Now link.
4. What is the password minimum length requirement?
- Passwords must be at least eight (8) characters long.
5. Does my password need special characters or numbers?
- There are some rules you’ll need to follow when creating a password. Your password must contain one (1) lowercase character, one (1) uppercase character, one (1) numerical character and one (1) special character.
6. When I enroll, do I have to set up questions and answers or use a mobile phone number?
- Setting up questions and answers is optional. Adding a mobile phone number also is optional. You will be required to provide an alternative email address.
7. What should I do if I forgot my username or network ID?
- This KnowledgeBase article will assist in locating your username or network ID.
Need more help?
Contact the IT Helpdesk if you have any issues with the instructions.