Add a Printer In Windows 10
This document provides instructions on how to add a printer in Microsoft Windows operating system. After the printer has been added, the printer will be available to use.
Follow the instruction that is applicable to your organization
Adding a Printer for UWSS
- Click on the Windows icon in the lower left corner and search for printers. Click on Printers and scanners.
- Click on the Add a printer or scanner button to start searching for available printers and scanners on the UWSS network.
- Once the search is complete, a list of available printers will display.
- Click on the printer you want to add and then click on Add device to add the printer.
- The printer driver will automatically start installing. Once complete, the printer will show up in your list of printers and scanners.
Adding a Printer for UWSA
- In File Explorer, select and open the H: drive or type \\uwsa2k8rgt\shared into the file path folder name.
- Open the 1 folder and then the Printers folder to see the following options:
NOTE: Depending on the type of printer and how old the printer is, will determine if it is located on the ‘New Server’ or ‘Old Server.’ All of the Multi-Function Printers (RICOH) will be located on the New Server. Many of the smaller printers will be on the Old Server.
- Select New Server or Old Server and a list of printers will display. Double-click on the printer you want to add to install the printer driver.
- Once the driver is installed, the selected printer will be ready to print to.
- To add another printer, repeat step 3.
Need more help?
Contact the IT HelpDesk if you have any issues with the instructions.