Connecting to VPN from home
This document will show you how to connect your work computer to a Virtual Private Network (VPN) using UWSS and UWSA credentials to work from home. Remote access to network drives/folders (on Windows computers: G:, H:, N:, S:, and U:) requires use of VPN software. Once established, this connection will allow employees to access network file resources, databases, or connect to your desktop computer via Microsoft Remote Desktop.
Logging into the VPN
- Search for Cisco AnyConnect in your Start menu to launch the VPN client.
- Enter in the URL to connect:
- UWSA: https://vpn.wisconsin.edu/UWSA
- UWSS: https://vpn.wisconsin.edu/UWSS
- Enter your user name and password.
- UWSA: use your first then last name (ex: john smith)
- UWSS: use your first.last (ex: john.smith)
- The second password field is for Duo MFA.
- Duo Mobile app users: type in push to send a notification to your phone. You may also use the 6-digit passcode displayed in the Duo app.
- Fob users: enter the 6-digit passcode from your fob.
- After you have connected for the first time, the URL will default to UWSS or UWSA. You will not have to enter in the full URL after the first login.
Need more help?
Contact the IT Helpdesk if you have any issues with the instructions.